Good morning!
So yesterday *I* managed to sew on Jakey's cub scout uniform patches. Are ya proud? I am! I still have all my fingers, they just have holes in them now. And at one point I stabbed myself in the MIDDLE OF MY PALM with the needle! How do you even do that????? Crazy! Anyhow I was worried i messed it up, but he looked just like all the other kids in uniform so whatever, I did my best.
Actually that was the cutest part, I had Jakey come try on his uniform when I was done and I was telling him I don't know if I did these right and he said they look like everyone else's, that it was fine. And finally he said, "Did you do your best?" and I said "yeah" and he said, "well that's our motto, to do our best, so if you did then you did it right no matter what!" Cute kid, huh?
Anyhow, we used my mom's camera to take pics, especially of him getting his Bobcat and my stepdad holding him upside down while I pinned his mother's pin on his shirt. Cute! So, my mom is having surgery today but she said she'd try to upload the pics and email them to me before she leaves for the surgery center. If she gets to it, then I'll post them, if not it might be a few days! :) (And you'll have to not mind that I look gigantic, like seriously, where is this baby going to really live for the next 3 months?)
Yesterday I had high hopes for my floors and laundry and they were all dashed by my getting in tune with my crafty side and putting those patches on, so today I MUST get the floors and laundry taken care of! I'm still getting so swollen at night I can hardly move, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do (drink a ton of water, not so much, sit all day, be really busy) I just swell, so I'm just gonna do what I want and deal with the swelling when it happens.
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
That is so sweet that Jakey understand that what matters is doing your best :) Good job getting the patches sewn on!
Aww; that was so cute of Jakey! What a great kid you've got. :-)
Awww! That is so cute what Jakey said to you! What a sweetie! :-)
Post a Comment