Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thank you all for the encouragement and support!

I HATE Brethine (Terbutaline), it is some awful stuff. Not as bad as mag, but yuck. I have some fluid in my lungs from the magnesium and then rapid heartrate from the brethine and I feel like I can't breathe, especially if I lay back. So I had a rough night. Plus after about 5.5 hours cramping and contractions REALLY pick up if I don't take more meds and so there is no sleeping through the night, I have to wake up and take my medicine in the middle of the night as well. Anyhow, so I'm not feeling so great. Plus the coughing up of all the fluid in my lungs from the magnesium. Yuck. And coughing during a contraction, feels like you're going to split in two!

I'm missing the boys too. Kevin's work thought they were going to call him in at 3 AM so we decided it would be best if the boys stayed at Kev's mom's house another night so they didn't have to get up at 2:30 to go back in the morning and his work never called. So I guess he's going to clean the house and then go pick up the boys, who I haven't seen since Sunday night! I miss them, I know there's not much I can do for them right now, and they're having alot of fun playing with their aunts and uncle and grandparents and great grandparents, but I miss them! Plus we have to talk to them and explain something of what's going on, because right now they just know they're staying the night there.

Anyhow, our best news of the week is Kevin's work. They've decided to move him into the office so that he can be closer to home at all times and because they had an inside position he was qualified for. He's going in to do some human resources/dispatching stuff. He was a manager of a retail store for 6 years so that experience is what led them to decide to bring him in the office. It'll be a fantastic move for us because he won't work out of town anymore, and he'll have a set schedule. The pay increase won't hurt either! LOL They're supposed to be hiring another driver he can train to take his place and start training him in the office ASAP since the owner doesn't want him too far away from me right now. Yay!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time Dawn.

Congrats on Kevin's new job!

Kara said...

That's great about Kevin's job! YAY!

Sorry the meds are so horrible :(

Jenn said...

Yuck! I had at least 20 shots of terb during the course of my 8 weeks on bedrest, but I did Niphedipine when I was at home....it works well to keep your blood pressure down too, so maybe they'll switch you if that continues to be a problem. It's not NEARLY as bad as terb! I was really lucky in terms of the mag....the hospital I was at no longer uses it for preterm labor, which was such a relief to me!

Natalie said...

Think of this lack of sleep as preparation for what life will be like when your little girl arrives and the sleepless nights continue. LOL!

Congrats to Kevin on the job! Yay!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed