Friday, August 31, 2007

Well today I have an appointment with my doctor. We'll see how that goes, it's at 10:15 am. My last appointment I had to wait over 2 hours for, so who knows when I'll finally be home.

This office is the one I was using before I got pregnant, and the doctor who saw me through Justin's pregnancy and even delivered him early (34 weeks). I swear though it's like he walks in a room and has no idea what's going on anymore because he's desperately trying to branch out. When I saw him with Justin he was with Kaiser (big HMO) and then he opened his private practice when I started to see him for infertility in March 2006. (My insurance changed that January too.) When the practice was smaller if anything was funky with my blood work or anything he'd call me directly, he knew my name and my situation without even glancing at my chart. As the practice has grown (he recently opened a satelitte office to branch out into cosmestics - laser hair removal, etc.) he just seems lost all the time. He repeats questions, forgets to sign lab slips, forgets to actually write prescriptions he says he's going to give you at the end of an appointment, has difficulty remembering how many weeks he wants you back in when you walk up to the desk to check out with him, etc.

I intend to discuss this with him at my appointment. It's not just even those things, but like in the office there is not much seating room, maybe 15 chairs total and they recently removed 3 chairs to put in a salt water fishtank. How is that in the best interests of the patients? Now there are consistently people standing because there is no seating room, and heaven help his staff if I have to stand today! Also, the office manager recently quit and the staff has really gotten out of control as far as quality goes - wait times don't matter, nothing matters anymore. You'll be waiting for something and see 4 medical assistants standing around giggling and NONE of them are taking weights and blood pressures and all of that stuff. It's frusterating!

Anyhow, we'll see how today goes. I have to go yell at the kids for the 87437297432 time to get their shoes on.

4 comments:

Sarah A. said...

I hope it goes well!

Stacey said...

Good luck Dawn!

Natalie said...

Good luck!

Beth said...

Grr, I sure hope you don't have to wait long!! Hope it's a good appointment.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed