Friday, September 21, 2007

The 1st rule of motherhood is:

"Your children shall ALWAYS get sick in the middle of the night."

The second rule of motherhood is:

"They will get sick as close to the weekend as humanly possible."

The third rule is:

"If given the opportunity to take them to the pediatrician and you DON'T do it, you WILL end up in urgent care, however if you DO take them to the pediatrician it'll be a virus and there will be nothing they can do." (Apparently bacteria only grows on Friday and Saturday nights in our house.)

The fourth rule:

"The child you thought was the most sick will be the one with the better diagnosis after said doctor's appointment."

And rule number five:

"As soon as you get the kids well again, you'll catch it."

Last night I put two healthy kids to bed during a thunder/lightening storm. At 2 AM, two kids came into my bed with 105 degree fevers, coughing, sneezing, with headaches and chills. Justin scared me to death - he was wheezing so hard from walking upstairs I didn't think he was going to be ok. Kevin wrapped him in a blanket and ran outside with him so he could get some nice cool air, the wheezing and barking cough stopped for a bit, but then when he brought him back in the same barking cough returned for the rest of the night. By morning Jakey has a really bad headache and his fever cannot be controlled and Justin can barely speak. (That part is sort of ok with me, mean I know, but not speaking, that's like the highlight of a kid being sick for me, LOL)

Anyhow, I decided to play by Murphy's rules, take them to the doctor today so nothing they can fix will be wrong with them so that we can stay out of Urgent Care this weekend. I'm most concerned about Justin but I have a feeling Jakey is more sick then Justin is, that always happens to me too.

And the final rule will happen, not yet, but I know it...I'm predestined to get sick once the kids are all well and not wanting to sleep and have all their energy back.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh wow . . . I hope that the boys are on the mend soon and that you defy the 4th rule and avoid getting sick!

Sarah A. said...

You are SO right on about those rules. I'm so sorry they are sick, sounds awful! And hopefully you are wrong about your last rule and you don't get it!

Natalie said...

How frustrating! I hope they get over this quickly. Hugs!

Stacey said...

Oh no! That's all you need right now! I hope they feel better soon and that you don't catch it.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed