Have you ever been to the pediatrician with your older child(ren) while hugely pregnant? It's interesting because it was like the doctor was in sales suddenly. LOL Unfortunately because we needed a same day appointment we had to see the doctor I don't really care for in the pediatrician's office, but beggars can't be choosers right? So, we go anyways. Now normally this chick seems very much like you are wasting her time even if your kid's fingernail is barely hanging on because he slammed his finger in a door, right? Not today - she was all over being OVERLY compassionate and asking about the baby and when he or she is due and am I going to be using their office and do I need formula samples. That concerns me just a little bit, I like the other dr so I'm still going to use this practice, just schedule all the regular appointments with the dr I like and hope for the best, I've not been with this office while breastfeeding so I'm a little concerned that they're not going to be as breastfeeding friendly as I'd like. Oh well, breastfeeding lasts like a year, having a good pediatrician lasts many years longer, right?
Anyhow back to the boys, LOL, I was finally right! Justin was more sick then Jakey. They both have the flu but Justin has croup and his airway was pretty constricted so they gave him a shot of steroids to get him started on being able to breathe better, and a rx for more steroids at home. So now I'm glad I didn't get the flu shot on Tuesday when my doctor recommended it because when I catch this from them I would have blamed the flu shot, LOL and it wouldn't have had a chance to take effect and protect me from this anyways, if this is even the same strain as what the shot has in it.
I felt REALLY bad about exposing Kevin's 70 year old grandmother to their germs, I sure hope she doesn't get sick! Anyhow the boys and I just got up from a nice 2 hour nap so now it's time for more orange juice and chicken noodle soup! (I sure hope we're over this in time for the Primary Program on Sunday!)
Oh and Jakey's leader at scouts called to see how he was doing, apparently last night at scouts he laid his head on the table and didn't move or participate, why she didn't call one of us to pick him up I'll never know, but she was worried about him, and that turned to worry for her own family catching the flu after I told her what was wrong with him. Ack!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
I hope your little ones can get over this quick! I wouldn't worry about the doctor's office not being breastfeeding friendly. You know you want to breastfeed and so just do it. I've taken the samples I was given by the hospital and put them in our food storage for Josie. We're breastfeeding, but what if I suddenly dry up? It will be good to have a back up. Good luck with being able to resist the germs in your house so you don't get sick.
that is so odd that the dr's office was "hitting" you up for business...
i am sorry you kiddies are sick... hope all is well soon!
Post a Comment