I had my NST and appt yesterday. The baby and I are doing great! Jayden reacted nicely to my contractions and moved plenty and I've made no changes over the weekend. My fFN was negative too! That pretty much guarantees I won't have her by this friday. LOL Good thing! The u/s tech isn't going to be in next week so I'm going in 2 weeks to have a u/s and dr's appointment and he said to call if I feel like I need to come in next week. I'm kind of glad to take a week off from finding a sitter and having Kevin's grandma take me to the doctor so unless I feel bad I'm just going to be happy to stay home for one more week.
I also gained more weight. I'm bummed, I'm up 9 lbs now and man do I feel fat! Since I'm overweight I was hoping to only gain like 10 lbs total and now I can totally see myself gaining in the 15-20 lb range. Ugh. Oh well as long as Jayden's healthy, right? I hope that breastfeeding burns it all off but my experience is that I feel like I'm STARVING when I breastfeed, so that doesn't help me lose weight at all! LOL
Anyhow, in other news, Jakey and I started his full curriculum yesterday and he did so much better than last year about sitting there and getting down to business!! Also, his spelling was GREATLY improved over the summer! One of his spelling words for this week is "fantastic" and he spelled it correctly on the first try! Really the only word he had a problem with was the word "problem" LOL! He seems to be doing better with it now. He really did a great job, hopefully he keeps that up today!!
Justin, Mr. Destructo, broke the fridge last week. Did I mention that? Yeah, he hangs from EVERYTHING and he's not the lightest kid, so swinging from the fridge door broke it off it's hinge and it was a huge pain to set back on everytime you opened the fridge. Kevin managed to fix it on Monday with some new parts for the hinge (we have a side by side). Anyhow so yesterday right before my doctor's appointment the boys come running in, "Our cage broke!" I'm like, "Our cage????" (I wish we had a cage for them! LOL) Jakey says, "Yeah, the cage broke, and we were nowhere near it, we were all the way in the back of the yard and it just fell over." Uh huh, sure. So right then I knew I was getting a story. First I had to figure out what "cage" was. Well, it was the gate (rod iron) to our yard. I convinced Jakey that I would never in a million years believe that he and Justin were "no where near it" and so he told me Justin was swinging on it and it broke. THat sounds more like it. The whole gate was laying flat in the walkway to our house. Ugh. Kevin wasn't too happy when he got home, and he wasn't able to fix it so now we have to actually go outside when the dog goes out and walk her...ugh! He thinks this weekend he'll be able to fix it.
Anyhow, while writing this post I've had to break up 734832974434 fights and put Justin in time out because he's taken to socking Jakey right in the mouth when Jakey says anything he doesn't like, so I better get on with parenting this morning. Although I have to say on days like today (where time outs have been doled out more than once before 8 am), I DON'T WANNA!!!!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
Yay for a good NST :D And way to go Jakey on his school work. Sorry Justing keeps breaking things. BTW, I gave you a nice blogger award a few days ago on my blog :D
I'm glad you had a good NST! :)
Sorry about Justin breaking things but I'm giggling at the "we don't know how it happened" because my kids do the same thing. I love how kids think they can get that stuff by us! LOL
My kids hang on the fridge door too,it makes me nuts! I hope your day gets better!
Yay! Your body is cooperating!
I didn't want to gain a lot either with my pregnancy and ended up gaining 28lbs. Gah! Sadly that's better than the 37lbs I gained w/Kenzie. So you're doing better than I did, good job!
Post a Comment