Sunday, September 02, 2007

All you need to keep a 3 year old happy while you're on bedrest is a screwdriver, some Yu Gi Oh cards, and the baby's swing. He's rocked his screwdrivers, he's rocked his cards, he's rocked his cards and his screwdriver, he's pondered the fact we don't really need to buy batteries for the swing because he'll push it all day for Jayden if we want him to, or maybe we should buy batteries because he might find something to unscrew with his screwdriver. He's demanded to know why I keep falling asleep, and that I stay awake to watch Maya and Miguel with him, or Clifford, or Curious George. He's discussed whether or not he should have Trix or Cheerios for breakfast with me to the point of deciding that I don't really care, he can have both if he wants, and he did - in the same bowl! He talks, ALOT. I don't think I ever realized how much until Jakey wasn't hear to discuss some of these things with him! LOL Jakey is over at his grandma's house because he needed a break from Justin's questions, he says Justin's really started asking alot of questions lately and he's tired of answering them. LOL

Kev was on call this weekend and he did have to go in for a few hours, unfortunately it made him miss church this morning and he feels bad about that, but it's pretty rare - in 6 months at this job he's only missed church for work this is the second time...and what can ya do.

Anyhow, I'm trying to bribe Justin with a popsicle if he'll pick up his YuGiOh cards, he keeps smashing them into a pile and telling me he's done. I know he can do better than that! Hopefully I can confiscate the screwdriver too, when I do doze off in my recliner I wake up with a jolt when I remember he's got that screwdriver and he's not in the room anymore! LOL I worry that he's taking apart the baby's crib, or the cupboards in the kitchen, or the dining room table or something like that, LOL!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That's too cute about Jakey needing a break from Justin's questions. Lol!

Sarah A. said...

Lol! I hope he didn't take anything apart! And I hope that Jakey got a good break from the questions!

Stacey said...

Your kids are too funny!

I sympathize with the "needing a break" from the questions. But that is how they learn. :-)

maren out my laundry said...

oh wow! That little justin cracks me up. I'm sure like kirste he's grown up a ton this summer! Sounds quite entertainig glad he isn't making it too difficult to be on bed rest!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed