Whew, what a day!!
Kevin had taken off Monday to go to a few doctor's appointments and so he was supposed to just have a four day work week. Well during those four days (Tuesday - Friday) he worked 53 hours. Then, last night when he was ending a 16 hour shift, his dispatcher called and wanted him to work today. He really considered not doing it because he was really tired, but then reconsidered because you can never really have too much money, yk? So he went in and worked 14 hours today. Which left me home with the sick kiddos all day long.
It wasn't terrible because sick kids generally sleep more, unfortunately sick kids whine more too. Justin is getting older so it's getting better but he still has a hard time saying exactly what is wrong with him. Fortunately he IS old enough that he makes it to the toilet to throw up! Yay for that! He only threw up because he got on a coughing binge he couldn't stop. Poor kid really freaked himself out throwing up red Gatorade - he thought he had thrown up blood, yeah he was TOTALLY freaking out.
Anyhow, fortunately also both of my kids have a deep love of Saturday morning cartoons. Since they were tiny babies Kevin has brought them into the living room early every Saturday morning to watch cartoons with him and eat donuts while I slept in. So fortunately even though Kevin had gone to work at 4:00 AM, when I woke up at almost 9 AM Jakey and Justin were both watching Saturday morning cartoons peacefully and eating donuts. Yay for that! :) Then we all sat around and watched Saturday morning cartoons, I tried really, but I'm hoping that our daughter doesn't like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Sonic X and instead maybe would rather watch That's So Raven or Hannah Montana which I can stomach, because I am SOOOOOOO over TMNT! LOL But I survived the boy cartoons, LOL. Then we had a Spongebob marathon again with some DVDs of episodes we have and napped and watched Spongebob and napped and so on for the rest of the day. It was also a nice rainy day to stay inside and recover from being sick.
Both boys probably had at least 3 hours of naps today and went to sleep perfectly at 8:00 tonight, so that was surprising! Jakey hasn't had a fever all day and really looks good, he says he feels much better, just like he needed a little more sleep. Justin still sounds like he has a frog in his throat, LOL, and barky cough, and a fever. Guess he wants to hang on to being sick a while longer. I think Jakey and I are well enough to go to church tomorrow, so Kevin's going to stay home with Justin.
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
those kinds of days... the ones where you are lazy all day... are the best...
however, not when you are sick! i am sorry that everyone is still sick.
I'm glad at least one of your kids is on the mend. I hope they're both back to healthy soon!
Post a Comment