Thursday, September 20, 2007

Well our house is definately the one in foreclosure. We're going to pick up the Notice of Default the bank filed at the Hall of Records this week (on Friday) and on the 1st we're going to give them a copy of it and a letter stating that we are going to set aside our rent ourselves, if they bring the house current then provide us with proof and we'll gladly bring ourselves current but since they have no interest in making sure we have somewhere to live no matter how much we fulfill our rental obligations, we have to look out for ourselves. The house is supposed to be auctioned on December 15th, we will have til January 1st to move, but ideally I'd rather move out by December 1st then January 1st and cut it close.

I'm beyond frusterated, even December 1st, I'll be 2-3 weeks post partum if I make it to my scheduled c/s, that's REDICULOUS. If they try to sue us for the rent we were advised to counter sue them for damages for having to move unexpectedly and emotional damages (we likely wouldn't get but to make them think twice about going through with the suit) for putting us through this when I'm so far along and about the have the baby! If they fuss too much we're also going to contact the local news, they've been doing a ton of stories on renters who are losing their homes because landlords aren't making the house payments with their rent money.

So, now we start trying to find something else to live in. The thing is, where we live (our ward boudaries) has HORRIBLE schools and I would ideally like to put Jakey back in regular school next school year, there is literally no where in our ward boundaries that has a good school. We LOVE our ward, we really don't want to move out of it, but staying in these boundaries might not be what's best for our family. I think we might end up moving out of the ward boundaries which makes me SO SAD. Ideally we'd like to at least stay in our stake boundaries (and NOT my mom's stake LOL) but the best option we have right now is that my mom's next door neighbor wants to rent her house out for at least 2 years while the housing market rebounds so she can sell her house because she got remarried and is moving down south with her new husband but can't offload the house in this market, she's even going to bring down the rent for us and it's a 4 bed 3 bath, 2200 sq ft house with a pool and spa for what we pay now for our 3 bed, 3 bath 1500 sq ft, no pool, no spa house LOL. And the schools over there are excellent. But it's NEXT DOOR to my mom! Ack! I love her and all, but I don't know if I could live next door to her. Plus be in her ward?! Her ward is HUGE...I think I would have the feeling of being lost, left out, or shuffled off in that ward as far as opportunities to serve, especially since I would be coming from a ward that so desperately needs me, yk?

Anyhow, alot to think about. I'm trying not to be too upset, lots of things are happening around us to tell us that it'll be ok, Kevin got a raise, my mom's neighbor being willing to rent us her house for what we pay now, etc. Now just to figure out what exactly is the right thing for our family.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Oh wow! How stressful and frustrating and hopeful and sad all at the same time! I need a nap after just READING about it . . . let alone what you must need! LOL
I will pray that you and Kev will be blessed with inspiration on which direction is the right one for your dear little family! :)

Kara said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you have to deal with this :( We moved when I was 2 weeks pp and it was not fun at all! I'm sure it'll be doubly hard around a c/s. Good luck with your decisions on moving.

Jennie said...

wow! i can't believe that this is happening! crazy!

i hope that all works out for you...

Natalie said...

Good luck figuring things out! I would be utterly frustrated if I were you...get that lawsuit started!

Sarah A. said...

oh what a pain in the neck! I hope it all works out for you!

Stacey said...

Oh I'm sorry Dawn,that is such a pain! Good luck with your decisions.

Rachel said...

How stressful! I've heard a lot of stories like that from my fil in CA. He has friends who are renting a house that is worth a million + and they just found out that it is in foreclosure. These people have enough to pay cash for their house but they don't want to own in that market right now and they are still having to move. What a pain. I hope you figure something out.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed