Friday, September 28, 2007



Today would have been Denny's 24th Birthday. Last year we went to his gravesite to put flowers and my dad hadn't placed a headstone and it deeply upset my mom so we chose not to go this year because they're still fighting about the headstone. So, I think in a way, his birthday is a little harder this year because there is no celebration or really much talking about him.

Denny loved birthdays, especially his. He always joked around about what he was getting for his birthday and LOVED to open presents and have cake, and have everyone around. I can't believe that he's gone on days like today, when it seems like I should be able to pick up the phone and call him and wish him a Happy Birthday.



I can't believe my baby brother is gone.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Hugs! I hope you can find some peace today in remembering the good times with him.

Kara said...

(((hugs))) I'm sorry today is such a hard day.

You are a winner in my contest though!

Stacey said...

I'm sorry Dawn. :( I hope today isn't too hard for you. *big hugs*

Lorie said...

Sending you hugs. I also nominated you for an award on my log.

Beth said...

I'm so sorry, Dawn. Thinking of him and you today. *hugs*

Jennie said...

i am glad that you are celebrating him still! that what it is all about.

a celebration of life.

Jennie said...

hey.... just wanted you to know that i tagged you...

nora.lakehurst said...

Sorry Dawn that makes me feel sad. I hope that God may grace you with his peace.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry Dawn. It was Lorna's birthday a few weeks ago and it was so much harder than I thought it would be.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed