Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I haven't posted in a long time about Natalle and Erica, have I?

Well since Denny passed away last year, my dad completely lost it. He started using drugs, drinking incontrollably, lost his business and has three homes in foreclosure. He ended up filing for bankruptcy in an attempt to save the condo - the home Denny died in. (That really creeps me out for some reason.) Anyhow, during this he gave the girls to their birth mother (I have a hard time calling her that - I consider her to be an egg donor, but whatever.) and they have pretty much lived with her since last fall.

Tabatha is an idiot, no doubt about that. She is constantly complaining that my dad won't give her the welfare money (welfare fraud IMO, that EITHER of them is getting it) and it annoys me to no end because I just want to slap her and say, "oh well, get off your butt and take care of your kids without welfare, what a novel idea!!!" (You know me, I'm not against welfare as a whole, just against it being your career, yk?)

Anyhow, Tabatha also let my dad live in a motor home in her driveway all summer long because he was homeless and says he couldn't "bear to live in the condo that Denny died in, but couldn't let it go either." Meanwhile, my brother Eric (the girls' father) IS living in the condo - guess he's not burdened by that pesky concience AT ALL. He's also unemployed and frequently the local jail for DUI (Eric that is).

Lovely, this is the girls' life - they have a mother they haven't really ever known but are desperate to have her attention and love now, who constantly talks about how she can't afford this or that for them (but owns a motor home, boat, business, 2 cars, etc.) and their grandpa lives in the driveway, and they aren't really allowed to see my mom or I as much as they were used to. (Things really hadn't been the same since the whole CPS thing right before Denny died.) And also, my dad's exwife has decided she'd like to be a part of the girls' lives again and so she's showing up again. (Great, that's fine, but it needs to be consistent or not at all.)

So, apparently my dad has moved out of the motor home and into the condo - guess he finally drank that concience away as well - and he and Eric are now demanding that Tabatha return the girls to him. She doesn't have legal custody - he does. She's playing the "I can't afford to file for legal custody" card with my mom - which irks me to no freaking end because she just got back from a weeklong vacation - ARGH! So, now the girls are being played tug of war on again!

I just want to blow up the worthless Department of Children's Services, most of my readers remember the CRAPPY time we had with them after such OBVIOUS abuse was witnessed and NOTHING was done, so I don't feel like they're going to help at all. At this point I'd just love to see my dad AND Tabatha arrested for welfare fraud (she did get SOME of the welfare money a few times for the girls) and the girls go to my mom or even foster care would be better at this point. The poor girls are already so screwed up, Erica won't even leave Tabatha's sight because she's terrified that Tabatha won't be there when she comes back - with good reason! Natalle's psoriasis is SO bad from all the stress. These poor kids.

Ugh. It just makes me sick. And these idiots (my dad, Eric, Tabatha...) are the fertile people of the world, they'll just keep stupidly procreating. Nice.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I feel so bad for those poor little girls! Some people are just too selfish and immature to procreate and it's the kids who suffer for it. :(

Kara said...

I feel horrible for those girls. I am still so angry at CPS for what went on with them completely ignoring the abuse that was going on last year. I wish those girls could have a stable loving home.

Beth said...

That's so heartbreaking that the girls have to suffer through such a situation. I'm sorry to hear that things haven't gotten any better for them! :-(

Natalie said...

It breaks my heart hearing what those girls have to go through. It's so not fair to them that the state is keeping them with people not really capable of taking proper care of them. I really hope one day things get better.

Sarah A. said...

It all makes me sick to my stomach. I'm sorry Dawn.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed