Thursday, June 07, 2007

I went to Enrichment tonight, it was alot of fun! We made isolette covers...now here's the thing...remember when I was hoping my baby would be a girl I wouldn't touch pink clothes? Well I'm now hoping she won't be a preemie, so I wouldn't touch the isolette covers....superstitious I know...but not touching pink worked! LOL I did bring other sisters pins and scissors and thread, I just wouldn't touch the fabrics...LOL I don't know how to sew anyways, so what good am I?

I convinced my mom to go, and she's recently learned to sew, and so she was in all her sewing glory and there I was, the bad daughter - not sewing...LOL

I saw a friend who recently moved back to Bakersfield from Virginia and spent alot of time talking to her. I feel bad because she asked me, "So how are your brothers?" And since I keep in really good contact with her sister - I thought for sure she knew Denny had passed away. She knew Denny, she was shocked. I felt bad for shocking her like that, it was incredibly shocking to me too, when it happened.

Anyhow tomorrow morning we're off to the church owned camp, for our stake Relief Society Retreat! Should be fun! I do hear that 150 women RSVP'ed and they only have beds for approx 120...so um, good luck to those who come late! LOL Nah, some of the more able bodied ladies in my ward are planning on camping in tents, I would but, I'm not all that able bodied...I'd hit that ground and NEVER get back up! LOL I'm SOOOOOO not a camper either, I know, what's wrong with me?!?!

Ok, my last funny of the day before bed. So Kevin was at work late for a company luncheon thing...well I go upstairs and shower and I'm blow drying my hair when I hear BLOOD CURDLING SCREAMS coming from downstairs, the boys are freaked out and running towards me. Turns out Kevin's work had crawdad's and Kevin came into the house holding two crawdad's and was chasing the boys through the house with them!! LOL It was hysterical. Especially for Jakey to be so upset because everytime I'm at the butcher counter at Albertson's he's staring at the lobsters asking me why we don't eat lobster (um yeah it's like $19.99 a lb!) and crawdad's look ALOT like lobster. After he calmed down he ate some and enjoyed it, I thought it was more fishy than lobster...LOL

Anyhow, time to get to bed! My mom bought me a bunch of pillows today and brought them to me and I'm gonna sleep good tonight!!! (Hopefully)

2 comments:

Kara said...

LOL at Kevin chasing them with the Crawdads! Sounds like you had a good day. Have fun at the retreat!

Jennie said...

your ward/stake sounds really cool! i hope that you have fun on your retreat!

i want to thank you for the playlist on the bottom of your blog! i loved it so much i did it too! what a great idea!

anyway... have fun!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed