Sunday, June 24, 2007

Man, I'm a hormonal wreck!

This morning I am awakened by the Primary President calling to say that 4 of her kids have high fevers and diarreah (However you spell it, don't want to look it up) anyhow so they're staying home sick (her dh is at Scout Camp). Ok.

Oh and she has sharing time. Ok.

Oh and she has singing time. Ok.

Oh and she's teaching the CTR5, 6, and 7 classes. Ok.

Then Kevin tells me that he's got to leave to go out of town until tomorrow. But his mom is going to go ahead and keep the boys (she'd had them since Saturday morning) because Justin's got a runny nose and can't go in the nursery. Ok.

I get to church (alone) early (because PP isn't coming) to set up chairs. The piano is across the room and so is the podium from where they should be. Ok.

So I get the missionaries to come help me with the piano and podium and then I start setting up chairs. In comes Extremely Difficult Boy. This kid routinely beats Jakey up during Primary, has to be sent to the bishop's office, etc. He's the surprise baby to an older couple (all their other children are grown and out of the house). I think they're just tired or something because their discipline for their extremely unruly child is definately lacking. I've had several times where I thought this kid was going to hurt me and have personally seen him pick up a chair to bring down on a teacher's head when her back was turned....scary kid.

Anyhow, Extremely Difficult Boy comes in and I'm setting up chairs and I ask him to "please help me with these chairs." and the conversation goes like this:

Me: ______, can you help me with these chairs, please?
EDB: No.
Me; Aw, I could really use your help right now.
EDB: Oh well.
Me: Ok, well then you need to go stay with your parents until Primary starts.
(His mom walks in the room.)
EDB: I don't need to help you with these chairs just because you're fat doesn't mean you can't do it...it'll help you lose weight.

I just stared at him. For like 5 seconds. His mom was right there, I glanced at her, she looked down at a peice of paper and pretended she didn't hear what her son just said. I stared at him. Shocked. In what freaking world is that acceptable? I set up the two chairs I was carrying (that by the way are more than my weight limit and his mother KNOWS this) and walked quickly to the bathroom, where I bawled my eyes out. It took me like 5 minutes to calm down, I felt so stupid. I needed to be preparing for sharing timee, singing time, and teaching 3 classes, but no, I'm bawling my eyes out in the Ladies Room. Argh.

Anyhow a sister who was subbing for Extremely-Difficult-Boy leads the ward choir, and she did singing time. A 9 year old played the piano for all of opening exercises and would have played for singing time if our pianist hadn't shown up right then...LOL I got Extremely-Difficult-Boy's mom to do Sharing Time with the provided stuff from the Primary Pres, and chased Sunbeams who did NOT want to sit in their chairs until class time when the Pianist took them. Right as I was about to head to teach the 5,6, and 7's their teacher showed up! I could have kissed her. So since we do all of opening exercises, sharing time, and singing time first hour, I got to relax that 2nd hour. But I was still furious with Extremely-Difficult-Boy's mother for how she handled that situation. Argh.

Anyhow I came home from church and took a 3 hour nap, which greatly improved my outlook. Kevin's trip got delayed until this evening and he just called to say he got a huge sleeper and his boss said he could take the boys with him so they're in the bath getting ready to go in daddy's big truck (I think they are BEYOND excited), so I'm going to be all alone....at night I am not a huge fan, but in the AM when I can get dressed and do my makeup with no major wars going on, oh yeah! LOL

Anyhow I survived today, and thats about all that can be said for today...LOL

8 comments:

Kara said...

Oh wow, rough day! That is so horrible about EDB, and that his mom didn't do anything about it. I'm glad you got a nap and don't have to worry about the boys for a day.

Jenn said...

How sad that he probably learned that in his own home, and the mom couldn't correct him because she's the one who taught it to him (not intentially I'm sure, but kids pick up on everything we say!).

I'm glad everything worked out in the end and your day wasn't as crazy at it could have been!

Kate said...

eeek . . . what a day! Hope that today will be MUCH better! *HUGS*

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness Dawn,what an awful day for you! I can't believe that mom let her son say that to you! Whatever happened to disciplining and teaching kids manners??? I'm glad your day got better. *hugs*

Beth said...

Oh, man; I'm sorry!! Big hugs! I hope you are feeling better today.

Lorie said...

What a rough day! Did you see your award on my blog?

Rachel said...

That's awful! I'd have a talk with that kids mother!

Jennie said...

i am so sorry that you had such a tough day! that is crazy!

i am very proud of you for not slugging edb and his mom.

i would have!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed