Friday, June 01, 2007

Time to get that picture to move on down!

A post 99% of the reasoning is just so that the pic will move on down, LOL.

Coincidentally, that was the last picture taken of me as a 25 year old! Today I awoke closer to 30 than to 20! Ahhhhh!!

So you all thought my insurance-drama was over, didn't you? I did too! Until I called Justin's pediatrician this morning when he got the toilet paper holder thing (you know the springy thing that holds it to the brackets on the walls?) and got his fingers stuck in it. (Think those cheap chinese finger trap thingies.) Only, toilet paper springy thingy works MUCH better than chinese paper finger trap. Pushing the sides together - DOES NOTHING. So, Kev's dealing with Justin's fingers and I'm calling the dr.

I call his regular ped, now get this, we had Blue Cross HMO privately, through Kevin's work....we switched to Blue Cross HMO through Health Families Program, they don't take that. Say what?! Yeah, nope. They say, we only take Healthy Families Health Net. Well Health Net wasn't an option! So a few days ago Blue Cross HMO mailed me a book with all their providers for our area listed, so I call. Either they are not accepting new patients or they don't accept Blue Cross HMO anymore - they take Health Net.

So by now I'm crying. What am I going to do? Justin's got his fingers trapped, I don't feel it's "Emergency Room Emergent" so I just want a stinking DOCTOR!!! So I'm bawling, Kevin comes in and says, "I got the toilet paper springy thingy off Justin, what are you crying for?" I explain it all to him, and tell him I still want to figure this out TODAY because Justin's likely to find the thing least likely to hurt him, but use it as a weapon and he needs a dr that we can call/see at any time.

So, Kevin takes over the phone. He calls Blue Cross HMO and tells them our situation. The lady on the phone says, "Well this one dr in Lamont accepts it, and Lamont isn't that far away." Kevin relays this and I say, there is no way that I'm going to drive to Lamont (where I've never even been, and it's like 20 something minutes away) and so he tells her that and she says but that's definately an option. By now Kevin has found the doctor she's talking about in the book and it looks like this:

Dr blah blah
234 not going there
Lamont, CA whatever
(661) XXX-XXXX
Languages: Armenian, Spanish

And Kevin says to her, get ready for it....

MY KIDS CAN'T SEE THAT DOCTOR, THEY ONLY SPEAK ARMENIAN AND SPANISH!

I about died laughing. English is obviously a given...LOL I think the lady on the phone had a hard time taking him seriously after that too...LOL

So I called Healthy Families and told them what everyone was saying about Health Net being all they took of the Health Families Program and that I was never offered Health Net....lo and behold, they offer it, only if you have a current dr who takes it or you cannot find a Blue Cross dr to put your kids with, BINGO, we qualify. So July 1st they'll have Health Net (So help Healthy Families if they don't!) and in the meantime, the emergency room does take Blue Cross HMO. (And they speak English too LOL!!!)

Anyhow, that is my eventful day. We're about to go out to dinner for my b-day to my fave steak restaurant...I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy happy birthday!!

That's too funny about the languages thing, though I've been so out-of-it lately I might have made the same mistake. :blush:

Kara said...

Happy Birthday!!!

That stinks you are still having insurance problems, but I'm glad they can switch it for you.

maren out my laundry said...

I cannot stop laughing about the language thing! Oh good one kev!!! so funny!
Happy Birthday girl!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed