Whew! Well I feel much better today, but then my two teenage adoptee's for the summer aren't here yet. What scares me the most is generally I can handle the girl, but my BIL? I just can't take his teenage-boy-moodiness!!! Makes me crazy! And I'm going to have TWO teenage boys someday! LOL
Anyhow this afternoon I am well rested so I plan on playing board games with them alot and watching a movie and I'm planning an actual snack for them at 2:30 so that we don't run into eating just before dinner time...and hopefully we'll survive it! The other cruddy thing, and I had a talk with Jakey about this today, Jakey and PJ (BIL) duel their YuGiOh cards, and PJ keeps playing for cards while dueling, and Jakey just doens't know enough/play well enough to be playing for cards yet, so PJ has all of his "good" cards and Jakey has no prayer now of ever winning a duel. Now you'd think, "and you care because?" I only care because I have to hear about it, and hear Jakey cry when PJ's choosing a card from his deck, but I want Jakey to experience two things: 1) You have to stick by your word (to give up a card) if you say you will, and 2) you don't always win...but now I'm getting to the point where the lesson has been learned too harshly and I'm sick of hearing about it! LOL So I told PJ if Jakey wins 2 times, then he can play for cards, but until Jakey wins twice, NO PLAYING FOR CARDS! Ugh.
ANYHOW, LOL, now can everyone tell why I don't do daycare? I just don't like other people's kids that much! LOL My friend's mom babysits for her, and her mom is going out of the country for 2-3 weeks next month and I feel bad for her, but I know watching her two kids would drive me over the edge...I just couldn't do it! LOL Plus I'm planning on going to my parents cabin for most of the time her mom is gone.
Speaking of which, man I can't wait to get up to the cabin...swimming, swimming, swimming, and the weather is cooler there. Bliss! Can't wait!
Oh and last night, I made dinner but NOT for BIL and SIL, I made dinner late (no one was hungry anyways) and their mom picked them up just as it was done. And I told them (I'm a better cook then their mom, so they were bummed) "I would have made dinner at 5:00 like usual, but you all snacked at 4:00 and weren't hungry...maybe you should consider not having snacks after 2:30-3:00?" I think I got the point across LOL. I made a pasta salad and Kevin cooked some smoked sausage and we had pasta and sausage for dinner....it was pretty good. Tonight though I need to make up the chicken I took out yesterday - Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, cornbread - GOOD FOOD! :)
Ok I'm off to look for a patriotic craft idea for our Primary Activity on Saturday! Have a great day!
Lorie, I'll be MeMe-ing tonight! :)
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

1 comment:
your dinner sounds wonderful!!!
do i need to give you directions to my house? dinner at 5 sound fine...
thanks!
Post a Comment