Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 Resolutions

My Personal Goals:

1. No more soda! I love the stuff but I'm drinking my daily allowance of calories! LOL Time to stop that. I am going to allow myself to have a nice cup of it for my birthday in June though - but NO MORE SODA! I wonder if I'll still like it by June?

2. Lose weight. Honestly, I'd love to lose 100 lbs, well at least 80, but I think I can at least, in 2008 eek out 50 lbs. I WILL lose this weight, I am done with, "but I'll just get pregnant again" so what? I'll be thinner and pregnant, not a bad thing!

3. Be better. There are quite a few things I need to be better at, a better mom who spends less time worrying about how clean the boys' room is, a better wife spending less time on the computer when Kevin's home from work, a better friend who calls more often and returns more emails, a better blogging friend who comments more, finishes tagged memes and passes on awards, a better visiting teacher who always gets it 100% done, a better servant of the Lord, I have really slacked in my calling since my 3rd trimester with Jayden, and be a better person who gives more service to those around me.

My family's goals:

1. Save more money. We really need to get better about saving.

2. Get back in the FHE groove, since Jayden's been born our lessons have been seriously weak...I need to plan better.

3. Establish more "routine" in our lives.

4. Serve more together.

So, tomorrow, help me get through it without soda, I'm seriously addicted to 7UP. LOL

3 comments:

Jennie said...

good for you! i have been debating if i want to set resolutions this year... last year i did! and i did well... until feb! lol!

anyway... not sure if it is going to happen!

Natalie said...

Good luck giving up soda. I've never heard of someone being addicted to 7up, it's usually Coke, Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew, so at least you're not addicted to the "hard stuff," LOL!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

At least, it's no caffeine! You won't have real caffeine withdrawal.
Have you tried the little tubular packets of lemonade, raspberry ice, orange etc. that the various brands put out? They have no calories or 5 and are really tasty. Unsweetened ice tea can be refreshing and tea also comes in flavors and in sweetened with only 5 calories.
A routine is a good thing but hard to do. I know you will manage to get everything done....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed