Yep I know, I talked about politics.
Anyhow, it's ok to not agree with me, some people who read my blog might be beside themselves with excitement about the rebates, and that's ok, I still love you!
Onto the happenings around here!
Last night I picked Justin up from his very first ever birthday party where the mom drops them off and I asked him how it went, Justin's exact words, "Mom, it was AMAZING." Yep, amazing. What made this party so amazing you ask? Birthday Boy's mom made the cake, that was "amazing", with a treatsure map on it. She gave them treasure maps and they all went on a treasure hunt to the back yard! There were games (I'm not sure what because that wasn't very clear) and treats and balloons with pirate flags on them. Most importantly though - there were eye patches...oh yes, eye patches! Justin answered the door, "argh, matey!" His b-day is next month and now he wants an "amazing" pirate birthday party. Why didn't I get a gene to be crafty and amazing? I'm more of a "let's go to the bowling alley and play a game and have pizza and a cake from Albertsons" kind of mom.
So today I picked Jakey up from Kevin's mom's house where he had stayed the night after his skating party for school. I asked him, "how'd the skating party go?" and he says, "my butt hurts." Yep, Jakey is not middle-named Grace, that's for sure, LOL. I've NEVER rollerbladed, I like my regular skates, thank-you-very-much, and I think Jakey might be better suited for them as well. LOL I asked him if his friends were there and he said not really, then I asked THE question, the one I really wanted to know - who did you skate with? (He had gone with his aunt (12) and uncle (13) but I wanted to know WHO did he skate with during the couples skate! Or did he at all????? He said, "Jasmine." My baby boy, held hands with a girl, and skated to a slow song, in the near dark, with a GIRL! I feel so.....old. I remember skating, in the near dark, to a slow song, with a boy...when I was his age.
So there you have it, I'm the not-so-amazing-at-birthday-parties mom of two boys who are growing up so fast. I held Jayden close and told her, "please, never grow up!"
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

4 comments:
wow... what fun stuff for your kiddos! i remember my first "amazing" birthday and skating parties!
what great times!
Is Jakey really old enough for that? Wow! He's growing up!
We don't agree on politics, but we can still be friends, right? ;)
You know, I bet all the other kids' moms think that pizza/bowling/Albertson's cake is AWESOME. :-)
I'm still hoping my daughter won't grow up and she is 30. It happens. You have to live every day as if it were the most important day of your life. Try smiling first thing in the morning. Sit on the edge of the bed, with your eyes closed, and just relax and smile. Think happy, positive things, count your blessings.
Now--those birthday parties are easy.. Make a list of the things you want to do; a list of things you need; alist of people to invite. Go crazy. Put down everything you hope for. Then realistically go over the lists. First, pare down the guest list to a reasonable number. Remember, you are the hostess but your child is the guest of HONOR. Get their input. Put a limit on the number of guests. Don't send out invites until you've had several days with the 'list' just in case there are changes of mind. The list of activities should also be pared down to what is reasonable for the number of kids you have. The last list is much easier because you have your guest list and activity list so you better how to gauge your needs. Remember--there are literally thousands of themes you can use. Pirates are big right now, but maybe you want to do something different. Star Wars, Cars, Toy Story---try a costume theme; everybody wears a costume with a Star Wars theme or even the Pirate theme. They have the clip-on hoops and eye patches at the Dollar Store and bandanas. You can just get a couple of each for the treats you put out for the guests. Set up your back yard with rocks and sand piles or better yet --use a local park. Have kevin scout out the park and draw maps. Then before the party begins he can go over to the park and set it up for treasure hunt. That would save alot on decorations. You just have to decorate a shelter house and tables. Make cupcakes and have the kids help you decorate them; small cake for the guest of honor. Things don't have to be fancy or time consuming to be great. Heck, I'd love a cake from Albertsons!!!!!Today!
Post a Comment