Well we found a house. It's down the street from Kevin's grandma and mom. We're moving on February 1st. It's not in our ward boundaries but it's in my mom's old ward boundaries (the one she changed out of when they redid the boundaries a few months ago.) I'm really sad to be leaving my ward. I love my ward and will miss them so much. Hopefully we love our new ward as much. I'm sad to be released too. I talked to the Primary President and I'm going to go ahead and do my Sharing Times this month and then we'll release me at the end of the month, I'm glad I get to do something, I have felt for a long time that I am such a slacker for not doing much because I was at the end of my pregnancy and then Jayden was newly born. Now she's two months old so I can return to some of the things that I used to do. Also, our new ward meets from 1-4 pm, ouch.
Anyhow, about the house. It's an older house - built in the 50's or so. It has a huge sunken family room, an average sized kitchen with eat-in nook (that we probably won't be using) and a formal dining room and living room. Three bedrooms and ONE bathroom. That's kinda scary, LOL. It does have a bathtub and separate shower though so hopefully it won't be too bad. It has these cool characteristics that only old houses have - like a cupboard with an ironing board that drops down, and a cutlet into the wall in the hallway for a phone, and lots of nice cedar closets and cupboards in the hallway. Hardwood or tile floors throughout too, not a stitch of carpet. It's a corner lot so the yard is huge, there is a front yard that wraps around 2 sides of the house, a courtyard that it's the "middle" of the house almost, and then a backyard with RV parking. There's a beautiful gazebo in the front yard and some nice landscaping.
Jakey's going to go ahead and start public school on Monday, he's been wanting to go back and so we're going to just go ahead and enroll him in the school that we're in the district for before we move and I'll just drive him daily. The school has a uniform dress code, so that will be a huge change for us, but I think it'll be a good one. He'll also be attending school with some friends we know from when my mom was in the same ward as them, so Jakey is excited about that.
Anyhow I've got lots of cute ideas for Jayden's nursery. The house has bright blue walls (inside, I know - ACK!) so the landlord is letting us pick the paint as long as it's pale whatever. So I think we're going with a pale purple in her room, or maybe a pale pink, we have to get back to them this weekend about it. I'd rather the boys' room stayed the blue color because my mom just made quilts for them that it would compliment well but the painter did a horrible job painting before! So it needs to be redone. Our room is already a khaki color, which I like, the kitchen and living room are too. The bathroom is going to be pale yellow. Very pretty.
Well, I better get to packing, Jayden's asleep and I need to do that and bake something for Enrichment tonight. Sniff, I'm gonna miss my ward SO MUCH!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
Wow! big changes in store for you. It sounds like a nice house. I know what you mean about missing a small branch, eventhough yours is a ward, but maybe it will be a good new start for you. Seems like your son is already going to have friends there. Good Luck packing.
Seems like several blogs I have read today people are packing. hmmm
I'm glad you found a nice place! It sounds like it's gonna be really good for you guys, with the big yard and better landlords.
Sorry that it is out of your ward boundaries, though. :-( We moved quite a bit when I was younger (often cross-country), and my dad always said that the best thing about the Church was that no matter where you went, you had friends. Still, it's hard to move from a ward where you have felt needed and loved!
your new house sounds amazing! how cool! it will be great! you just wait and see!!
Post a Comment