Wow, what a morning.
At 6:30 we're almost ready to run Kevin to work and Jakey announces, "I have another worksheet I was supposed to finish for school today" which led to us being very frustrated with him because we could have done this last night! So he did it in the car on the way to take Kevin, but didn't have it quite finished.
At 7:00, I was holding Jayden and Kevin called about his demotion, as I'm talking to him she lets it rip in her diaper and I look down and I'm COVERED in baby poop, she's covered, from neck to socks, how does that even happen when she's sitting up???? It was a MESS!
So, I hurry to get off the phone with Kevin and throw her in some jammies and getting Jakey ready to walk out the door when I notice it's 7:12 - we have to leave our door at 7:11 to be at the bus stop on time...so we RUN out the door. Justin mentions when we're already outside "I forgot my sweater inside" too late now! So we RUN down to the corner and see the bus approaching, Jakey took off for the bus line and barely made it in time. Then I took a freezing Justin and Jayden back to the house.
Then, we had to cancel the park. It's SO cold and windy out and should start raining soon. My kids would blow away though - we've got 70-85 mph winds out there!
It's gotten a bit better from there - Jayden's napped beautifully and I've gotten laundry and housework done that I wouldn't have done if we were at the park. I'm going to go load the dishwasher and fix my hair and makeup for the day and then I'll be ready for her to wake up for her lunch in a few. What a day though! I'm kind of glad we didn't end up going to the park this morning - it was a bad morning and I shouldn't push my luck! LOL
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
Nicholas does that all the time with his homework. The worst part is he tells us at bedtime. We have stopped letting him do it late. If he does not do it during the time before or after dinner he does not get to do it. He went to school one time with no homework. He says he can't remember what he has to do?
I have been pooped on before no fun!
hope your day continues to get better!
Ugh, that was NOT a convenient time to be covered in poo! (As if there was a convenient time!)
Hope your day keeps on getting better.
Been there-done that. My kids always waited until I was dressed and ready to go and then they puked on me---or worse like Jayden today. Gotta love 'em!
Post a Comment