Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oh Yeah....

I forgot how much homework there is in regular school! It took us forever to wade through his homework! Jakey's a little slow in his multiplication tables - his class is on their 6's already and Jakey is just mastering 3's and into 4's so he's a bit behind but he did really well today with his 100 (yes 100) multiplication/division problems. Then he alphabetized his spelling words and wrote them 3 times each. However he did NOT write them in cursive. I didn't do the cursive part of our curriculum because honestly, I think it's stupid. No one writes anything anymore anyway, why do they have to learn cursive? (I didn't actually share these ideas with Jakey, LOL) Anyhow I got a note from his teacher that says by March 1st she won't accept any of his work not in cursive. So we have to get cracking on his cursive. (See I was just happy with legible.)

There was a point during homework madness where I thought I was going to lose my mind. I got both boys snacks and drinks and got Justin settled with drawing and Jayden's diaper changed and I was nursing her and then all of a sudden nothing would console Jayden, Justin was crying because he wanted a blue pencil (not colored pencil, regular pencil in blue instead of green) and Jakey was crying because he didn't want to do his homework anymore. I was ready to throw them all out windows..LOL Tuesdays are Kevin's late nights, he doesn't come home until 10 on Tuesday nights so I knew there was no putting this off until he came home to help with the other two kids. We waded through it all and Jakey got it all done, including his 20 minutes of reading.

I also managed to get a REAL dinner on the table by 5 pm! Cheesy Chicken Casserole, salad, and croissants. I ROCK! LOl And I cleaned the kitchen during Jakey's reading (he read to me in there) and I did three loads of laundry done! Now that the boys are bathed and playing quietly before bed, and Jayden's bathed and dressed and in bed herself, and I'm relaxing waiting for American Idol I feel very accomplished, I managed a very long day and I think I did it well! Yay me! Ok I'm done tooting my own horn...now onto crafting a Meme I was tagged for a few days ago by Natalie before I get into too much Meme debt in 2008!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yay you, indeed! :)

Natalie said...

You did get a lot done! I only have two kids to watch and I didn't get even close to that much done today. Yay you!

Lorie said...

At least you got him to do it! I have such a hard time with Nicholas. Getting started is my hard part! Got any great tips?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed