This morning Justin and I had a talk about Primary and his going to the Sunbeam class. I am not above bribing a kid. I promised him that if he went to class and Primary that he could help me bake a cake after church. He was super excited and said he would go to class and Primary. So we get through Sacrament Meeting and a few times I'd lean over and say, "remember, you're going to class next like a big boy so we can bake when we get home!" and he'd smile up at me and say, "yep I'm a big boy now!"
Sacrament Meeting ended and Kevin gave the closing prayer so Justin bolted out of the chapel while I was getting our stuff together. Finally we get him and head towards the Primary room where the classes are regrouping and heading to their individual rooms and he sees his teacher. He falls to the ground and starts screaming like he's on fire. I get him to where he can't see her and tell him, "You can be upset, but you cannot scream like that unless you're hurt." We tried again, again he fell to the floor screaming. So I made him stand on the wall in time out while I went and got Kevin. He tried to take Justin to class and as soon as he touched the doorknob Justin was on the ground freaking out. So Kevin took him out to the car to have a talk with him.
Next thing I know Kevin and a very silent Justin walk into the church and march to the Sunbeam's door and go in. A few minutes later Kevin comes to the Primary room to tell me that he's gotten Justin to stay. And half an hour later Justin comes in with his class and tells me, "I'm going to sit next to my favorite teacher, Sister Winters. She nice, she taught me to play Bingo. Isn't she pretty Mommy?" Yay! He did it! I had Sharing Time and he sat through that and Singing Time and is just in love with his new teacher.
Good thing too cause his new teacher, it was her first week last week too, and she's a newly wed and very young and last week it looked like she wanted to tie her own tubes looking at him freaking out like that! LOL
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
I'm glad Justin did better this week . . . hopefully things will go perfectly next Sunday! :)
LOL--tie her own tubes--you do have a great tho warped sense of humor. I love it!
Can't figure what Kevin said or did but it sounds like he's got super powers. Glad Justin did so well--maybe a little crush on the new teacher? Hope the initial fear(?) is over.
Sorry he had such a hard time with it. Sister Winters? That freaked me out...I used to be Sister Winters! That was my maiden name and I was a primary teacher. LOL!
Post a Comment