Justin's appointment went well, I guess. This was essentially his 4 year physical, he weighs 43 lbs and is 42.75 inches tall. His hearing was checked and he can hear, he just doesn't listen, LOL. Blood pressure good, urine good, all of it. So we were leaving and the nurse tells me the doctor wants to talk to me in his office. I go in and he says that he thinks Justin is colorblind and nearsighted and needs to see an optomitrist about his vision. Also, they made us up a new shot record and said he is caught up and doesn't need shots again until Kindergarten.
I called and made Justin an appt for January 23rd, but I feel bad! Here I've been so frustrated because he doesn't "get" color and he can't even see it! And his vision is bad. Poor kid. I wonder if he's going to need glasses?
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
Wow, vision problems for such a young guy -- that's a lot to handle! Poor kid!
Don't feel bad about the color thing; you didn't know. I know I would have been frustrated, too. I hope the trip to the optometrist goes fine.
i am sure that he will do fine... don't worry about the colors... he will be great!
Oh no! Shots and glasses! He will hate the doctor--at least until he realizes he can see alot better. What do they do about color blindness? How do they teach them about color recognition? I guess I know a couple adults that are color blind but I never thought to ask how they learned.
Post a Comment