I went ahead and called the doctor's office this morning to see if I should come in because Jayden was being very quiet since yesterday. So I went in about 11:00. I had to see the nurse practitioner because my dr was out of the office for the morning and overbooked for the afternoon. She noticed a big bruise on my belly and a muscle spasm where it hurts so she decided to go ahead and have me do an NST and an ultrasound. So I got hooked up for the NST and had contractions about every 5 minutes, I didn't feel them though, I just feel some crampiness, but Jayden did NOT like the monitors and freaked out, woke up and beat the crud out of her heartrate monitor...how does she know the difference between that one and the contraction monitor??? LOL She only calmed down during a contraction and then she would freak out again and start hitting the monitor, the nurse came in after about 20 minutes and said nevermind, she's being really loud beating up the heartrate monitor...LOL By then it was lunchtime so I went and had lunch and then came back for the ultrasound. Jayden's measuring at about 6 lbs right now and doing all that she should. My placenta looked good and I have plenty of amniotic fluid so there's no real reason for the bruise. Especially since I didn't land on my belly, only on my butt!
Anyhow, the nurse practitioner doesn't do pelvic exams on pregnant women so I have to still go back tomorrow for my regular appointment to be swabbed for Group B Strep and have a pelvic exam - oh the joy!
So far Jayden and I are doing good - six weeks from today is my c/s, so this time six weeks from now I'll definately be holding my baby girl, why do the next six weeks seem SO FAR AWAY!!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

5 comments:
I'm glad all is well with your little one!
Aren't pelvic exams great? I just can't wait for mine! ;)
Those six weeks are torture! I hope she comes a little (but not too much) before then.
Hope the next little while until you can hold your precious one goes quickly!
I'm glad you and the baby are doing okay! Hopefully the next 6 weeks fly by!
I am so glad to hear that things look okay. Tummy bruise from the inside?! HA! HA! Sounds like Jayden is anxious to be held by her Mommy instead of being held in!!!
Post a Comment