The park was awesome yesterday. It was nice and cool - high 60's...and then it held off raining until we were packing up to leave! Kevin was supposed to take a long lunch and go get his hair cut with the boys but he couldn't get away from the office so I took the boys to the barber. A barber shop, 9 months pregnant, is not a place for a lady to be! Sooooooo many comments about my belly. At least none of the men touched me and had I been in a beauty shop I'm sure someone would have. LOL Kevin ended up never being able to get away from the office and worked 19 hours yesterday. Those days are killing me.
Then this morning he hopped out of bed (after receiving 10 phone calls between 1 AM and 8 AM - argh) and went and got us donuts and milk and then went BACK to work. Ugh. I know, I know, this shall pass. I'm just scared that I'm going to be sitting here one night with a screaming unconsolable baby and NO ONE to help me! The boys I can handle, I'm terrified of him working 80 hour weeks when Jayden's here!
Anyhow, Kevin's mom is trading me her 11 year old daughter for my almost-8 year old son (the whiner!) so that she can help me with Justin while my mom and I shop for a suit for Jakey for his baptism (He's outgrowing his size 10 suit, can you believe that!) and we're buying his scriptures and stuff like that, and maybe some birthday presents. And we're going out to eat! Yay for that! Anyhow, should be a fun day. I bet when I get there though Justin will refuse to go with me because Jakey is staying and so she'll end up keeping them both. LOL
Now onto the subject of Homeowner's Associations. Ugh. I don't really recommend them. We got cited today - I'm sure they spent an extra long time looking at our house because the owner isn't paying his dues. But we got cited for having a broken down vehicle in our driveway - their definition, tiny oil spot under our car=broken down car. So if we don't put it in our garage, fix the leak and have proof, or remove the vehicle from the neighborhood by Wednesday then they're going to tow our car! Ugh! And they want the oil spot cleaned up. AND, yesterday was green waste trash can day, so the green waste can was down on the street for pick up. Well when I got home yesterday it was pouring rain and the trash men had left the lid open so the can was filled with rain making it very heavy, so I didn't pull it up. Kevin didn't come home until 1 AM so he forgot about it because he was exhausted, so at 8 AM, less than 24 hours after it was picked up, we got a ticket from the HOA that we were leaving our bins in the front too long. Ugh. AND we also got a citation for those pink bags that the cancer society leaves in your garage door handles so you can donate things to their "garage sale", well we didn't remove our pink bag soon enough (I think they were put in the door handles on Thursday? Anyhow, that is trash apparently, and we're in violation for having trash in our front yard. Seriously. I'm seriously reconsidering the house in this neighborhood we were thinking of renting. Ugh.
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
That all seems beyond picky to me! I'm glad we don't have an HOA around here. And, by the way, how do you clean a leak on your driveway? Our 'tank' left one on our driveway and I have no idea how to remove it.
OI about the HOA! *rolls eyes*
Hope the shopping/lunch excursion went well! :)
YOU MUST LIVE IN THE PICKIEST NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE WORLD!!!!
Seriously, I can only imagine how horrible it must be. We live in smallville--only 54 homes here (houses and trailers). Some people never bring up their trash can. I complain about my neighbors being
'trashy' but I'm not so sure it's any worse than the dictatorship in your neighborhood! I have a tendency to rebel.
Sounds like you had great plans though and you deserve some r+r.....
Post a Comment