Yesterday I had to have Kevin come home to rescue Buddy from the neighbor's yard (behind us). Buddy had gone over there on her chain and gotten wrapped around something and couldn't get back to our side of the fence. And their sprinklers came on and she couldn't move more than one foot so she was stuck getting wet. And this neighbor lives in a completely different housing development from us, and because of the exits/entrances to our neighborhoods it's over a one mile walk to their front door. And they didn't appear to be home.
So, Kevin relays the story of the dog trapped in the sprinklers on the other side of the fence to his coworkers and after they laugh that this actually happened, he came home. He managed to rescue Buddy quickly and block off our side of the fence. Well in the meantime the neighbors little Chihuahua had come to our side of the fence. Justin asked what that was and I said Chihuahua and he runs outside and starts yelling, "Come here Chewbaca, come here Chewbaca!" LOL
So today Chewbaca comes back, but Buddy does NOT go to Chewbaca's side of the fence (finally learning something) and Justin's outside petting Chewbaca and begging for us to keep it. The neighbor stands up over the fence and starts yelling at Justin to give her back her dog. I hear yelling outside and I go out there and ask what she needs and she says, "Your son has my dog, I want him to give him back." I'm like that's fine, but you can't scream at him, what are you thinking? I ask Justin for Chewbaca and hand him to her over the fence. What a brat! She's probably my age or so, and yelling at a 3 year old for petting her dog that came into OUR yard! It's a tall fence, when I saw the dog my options were 1) push the dog back in the tiny hole she came through or 2) throw her over the 9 foot fence - worrying about it didn't seem worth it, they'd eventually come home and get her or she'd eventually go back through her hole herself.
Anyhow, that's my doggy dilemma for the day. LOL
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds more like doggy DRAMA to me . . . sheesh! Not like Justin STOLE the dog . . . *rolls eyes dramatically*
People can over-react---to the point of ignorance. Sounds like just plain mean to me, but who knows, maybe she's a frustrated woman!
Post a Comment