Yesterday at the LDS Bookstore in our town I bought Jakey's scriptures and bag for his Baptism gift and also a book about preparing for baptism with lots of fun activities to do (crosswords, word searches, dot to dots, etc.) Anyhow, tonight we cracked the book and did some of the pages out of it and talked alot about Testimonies (since today was fast and testimony meeting). At first when I asked him about his testimony he gave me generic testimony stuff and then we got deeper into it, WHAT does he believe and WHY does he believe it. And I asked him if he'd ever felt the Holy Ghost and he said, "I felt Him today, Sister Lemke (our music lady who wears lots of calling hats - ward choir director, seminary teacher, enrichment group leader - she teaches our Book of Mormon study group) was talking about General Conference and how we had an Apostle sustained to the General Presidency - his name was President Eyring (he pointed to his eye, then CTR ring like she had to teach them his name) and a new Apostle was called so there would be 12, his name is Elder Cook. When she talked about them I felt good and knew she was telling me the truth and that they are Apostles." That impressed me!
Then we talked about the actual baptism and he and Kevin talked about the prayer (Kevin is learning it, he's never baptized anyone before) and asked him if he is nervous and Jakey says a little, he knows he needs to be baptized and wants to be baptized he's just a little nervous about the water being cold (our building is notorious for COLD baptisms! LOL) and about having so many people watch in case he doesn't get all under the first time. And Kevin admitted he's a little nervous about not messing up the prayer and holding Jakey's hands correctly and getting him all under the first time and having so many people watching. So it was good for them I think, I don't really know what to do for them though, LOL, it's kind of something they're going to have to learn and work out for themselves.
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

1 comment:
how fun! i like stuff like that!
Post a Comment